Get a scary 15% off my books through Sunday, October 26th. Online use coupon code: JP4KGWP3JPAGF A best bet for Halloween is 6a66le: The Best Horror Short Stories 1800-1849.
An anthology finalist award winner in the Next Generation Indie Book Awards and a Gothic Readers Book Club Choice Award Winner, The Best Horror Short Stories 1800-1849 delivers 12 of the greatest horror stories for the first half of the 19th century.
Andrew Barger, author of the award winning Coffee with Poe: A Novel of Edgar Allan Poe's Life as well as Edgar Allan Poe Annotated and Illustrated Entire Stories and Poems, read over 300 horror short stories to compile the 12 best. At the back of the book he includes a list of all short stories he considered along with their dates of publication and author, when available. He includes background for each of the stories and author photos. A number of the stories were published in leading periodicals of the day such as Blackwood's and Atkinson's Casket. Read 6a66le:The Best Horror Short Stories 1800-1849 tonight!
- 1836 The Old Man's Tale About the Queer Client by Charles Dickens (1812 -1870)
- 1817 The Deserted House by E.T. A. Hoffmann (1776 - 1822)
- 1836 The Minister's Black Veil by Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804 - 1864)
- 1843 The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)
- 1830 The Mysterious Mansion by Honore de Balzac (1799-1850)
- 1828 The Severed Hand by Wilhelm Hauff (1802 - 1827)
- 1826 The Lighthouse by George Soane (1789 - 1860)
- 1842 The Pit and the Pendulum by Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)
- 1832 The Executioner by Honore de Balzac (1799-1850)
- 1832 The Thunder-Struck and the Boxer by Samuel Warren (1807 - 1877)
- 1845 The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar by Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)
- 1839 The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849)