Saturday, August 7, 2021

Songs About Books and Short Stories - Author Last Name C - by Andrew Barger



We know that literature can be life changing. Great literature not only stands the test of time, but it can inspire songs by modern bands. I have been compiling a list of novels, short stories, and poems that have inspired modern songs. It is a very long list so I will be breaking it up alphabetically. This week we are moving on authors whose last names start with C. Think Camus, Capote, Cervantes, Coleridge, etc.

Carroll, Lewis Alice's Adventures in Wonderland “Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors” Radiohead

Cervantes, Miguel de Don Quixote "Don Quixote" Gordon Lightfoot


Literary Songs - Alphabetical by Author Last Name C


#LiterarySongs #NovelsinSongs #PoemsinSongs #ShortStoriesinSongs #SongsAboutBooks #AliceinWonderland #DonQuixote

4 comments:

Daichi Moriguchi said...

Inquiry regarding "The Black Vampyre" in your anthology

Dear Mr. Andrew Barger

I am Daichi Moriguchi,Ph.D.in literature from Kyoto University. My research focuses on literature about vampires.

I recently read "The Black Vampyre", which you have edited. In its introduction you briefly mentioned the edition of the tale. It reads: "It is provided here for the first time in its entirely since its original publication in 1819"(The Best Vampire Stories, p. 145).

I was wondering if you could give me the details of the original publication and where I could find it.

Sincerely,
Daichi Moriguchi

Andrew Barger said...

Dear Mr. Moriguchi,

I am glad you enjoyed my anthology "The Best Vampire Stories 1800-1849". This link might be of interest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Vampyre:_A_Legend_of_St._Domingo

Best,
Andrew

www.AndrewBarger.com

Daichi Moriguchi said...

Dear Mr. Barger,

I deeply appreciate your information, but I have already read the wikipedia page of TBV, Just Teach One, and the essay of Katie Bray. None of them unfortunately gave me the information where I could find the first edition. If it would be no problem, could you tell me which edition you used for your anthology?

Sincerely,
Daichi Moriguchi

Andrew Barger said...

Dear Mr. Moriguchi,

The novella was first published in book form. You can now find it on microfilm in a number of U.S. libraries, include the University of California - San Diego.

Best regards,

Andrew Barger