Tuesday, January 10, 2023

The Raven in AI by Chat GPT

 

Best Horror Stories 1800-1849 Anthology

I asked Chat GPT to write a poem in the style of Edgar Allan Poe. This is what the artificial intelligence program produced. It is not surprising that it is a riff on "The Raven." "As the midnight clock struck four," is the most curious line of the bunch. AI is no Edgar Allan Poe, to no surprise! What do you think?


THE AI RAVEN

Once upon a midnight dreary,

As I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious

Volume of forgotten lore,


While I nodded, nearly napping,

Suddenly there came a tapping,

As of someone gently rapping,

Rapping at my chamber door.


"'Tis some visitor," I muttered,

"Tapping at my chamber door -

Only this, and nothing more."


But the rapping, it grew louder -

Louder still, and ever louder,

Till I feared that it would shatter

All the silence of the night.


And at once, the door flew open,

And the raven, with a croak of "Nevermore",

Flew into the room with a flutter

And perched upon my bedpost with a cackle of delight.


I shuddered at the raven's presence,

And the ominous word it spoke,

For I knew my soul was haunted

By a sorrow I could not evoke.


And as the raven sat there staring,

With its beady eyes so black,

I knew that I would nevermore

Be free from the raven's haunting rack.


And so I sat there, weak and weary,

As the midnight clock struck four,

And the raven, with a croak of "Nevermore",

Reminded me of my sorrow evermore.


#TheRaven #TheRavenAI #EdgarAllanPoeAI #EdgarAllanPoePoem

No comments: